It's been a while since we've looked at the list, so let's do a quick check-up.
1. Create a website for spachulas - well the domain name has been bought (not by us, but by a friend who was "helping" us out. that makes me a little :-/). Work has not actually begun on the site yet though. The blog is showing slightly more progress, with at least a design and an introductory post. This all needs a lot more work and we just need to make it a priority.
3. Create a wedding album - I did! I finally finished it after soooo much work. And it's so beautiful. I'm very proud. EXCEPT (and there's always and except isn't there?) Two of the pages were printed incorrectly. And the company graciously offered to reprint it for me if I would remake the two pages how they are supposed to be (I guess they only have the corrupted files.) I unfortunately have been dragging my heels on doing this and the changes have not been made yet.
4. Renovate the bathrooms - Well you all know this is in progress. We have hit a little snafu lately, but that is another topic for another day.
10. Tell my grandparents I love them - A few months ago we went to North Carolina for my grandmother's funeral. It was sad amd a relief all at the same time. I was able to spend some good time with my grandfather which I am grateful for. I'd like a chance to visit my grandparents in Virginia sometime soon, but am having trouble finding a good time to go.
14. Knit gifts for everyone for Christmas - I've been knitting a bunch lately. I doubt there will be gifts for "everyone" this year, maybe next. It's so relaxing though, I really enjoy it.
16. Learn how to shoot in manual mode on my camera - I did a lot of learning before our trip to Alaska, and I am now able to put it in manual mode and take decent pictures. I know what aperture, shutter speed, ISO, metering, and white balance mean, and I am learning how to adjust all those knobs to get the look I want. I still have a long way to go, but it's encouraging to even be able to take these first steps. My favorite setting is still aperture priority, especially taking advantage of my 50mm f1.8 lens!
23. Go on a backpacking trip - Our time in Denali was a pseudo-backpacking trip. I don't think it quite counts for the spirit of this goal. I'm sure we'll have other trips in the future though!
24. Move the piano to our house - Check and check! I hired movers a few weeks ago to do this. Now I just need to get it tuned (it sounds awful) and maybe try to carve out a little time to play. I know when I was younger playing the piano was a big stress relief outlet for me.
26. Plant a garden - Wellll... we now have basil and cilantro in pots on our front porch. That must count for something?? j/k. Our current plan has us using this winter to get the "garden" plot ready, and planting our first go round in the late winter/early spring - basically whenever the season starts down here in FL.
32. Finish the FAS model project - this is a project I have at work and I swear it is going to be the death of me. That is all.
34. Buy a suit - This might actually happen this weekend. I am presenting in a pretty important review on monday that I need a suit for. I'm going shopping tomorrow, but might just borrow one from a friend if I don't find anything.
35. Learn 5 new crockpot recipes - Just this past week I made apricot chicken from this recipe. I was kind of middle of the road in my opinion of this. Maybe next time I will try it with chicken breasts instead, I think I might enjoy that more.
39. Go on a US vacation each year - Well Alaska definitely counts for this year. We're also going to DC next weekend for a quick trip.
42. Sneak into a movie - I did this with My Sister's Keeper and The Hangover. Went to the first movie with some girlfriends, and the guys joined us for the second. As much as I hate to say it, I think I enjoyed The Hangover more. I love My Sister's Keeper as a book, so of course the movie just wasn't quite as good.
43. Read 50 books - I am keeping track of that here.
44. Blog more regularly - 50 new posts - Well this post makes 12.
50. Give away something that I could've sold - We gave our kitchen table and chairs to Darren's brothers when we got a new one. I don't think I'll count this one as done yet, because there's something of a generous attitude in this that is really the point. I have a tendency to be a tiny bit stingy when it comes to money, that is something I am still working on.
This is getting long so I think I will save the second half of the list for tomorrow! That is a good sign though, it must mean I am getting things done.