51. Get my car windows tinted - Yay another check! Darren did this for me for my birthday. It looks so good and I can definitely tell a difference inside! We've started calling my car the mafia car since it is black and now has dark windows.
60. Hike on a glacier - this almost feels like cheating hehe. Yes we did this while we were in Alaska. It was one of the things I was most looking forward to and one of the things I enjoyed the least. I was sick that day, and our tour guide was going way too fast for me. So I spent all my time trying to keep up and not slip on the ice and fall to my death - there was no time left to enjoy it. I'm still glad I did it. And I think it had potential. Just due to scheduling on our part we had to "hurry" and that was a bad idea.
65. Visit 2 friends out of state - I did go visit my friend Laura in Baltimore. That was a fun trip!
69. Get money back for Portugal tiles - Here's another one with an exciting outcome! While on our honeymoon we ordered handpainted tiles that said "Casa Gibson". They said it would take about 2 months to arrive. So we waited, and waited. We emailed and called and all to no response. We had basically given up on ever seeing these and just wanted our money back (it was a decent enough chunk of change to pursue it.) Then, out of nowhere, they showed up on our doorstep in early September. Seriously, 7 months later. Seven Months. Who would've thought?!? But we have them now and all is well with the world again.
73. Learn 5 ways to cook fish - Well considering we shipped home 50 pounds of fish after our fishing adventure in Alaska, you'd think I'd have this one done in no time! I have learned on new excellent method of baking fish that I've tried twice. I should post the recipe here soon. we still have a freezer full of fish, so hopefully I will be trying more new things here in the future.
85. Make cute baby gift for friend's new baby - I knitted a multicolored blanket for Laura. I'm so excited for her and her pregnancy, and I can't wait for her baby to (hopefully) enjoy the first blanket I ever made. yay!
86. Go to a UF football game - We bought tickets on ebay for the UF-Tennessee game and it was awesome. We also have tickets for the Vanderbilt game coming up and I can't wait! Two games in one year, this is great! Go Gators!
88. Get 6 new stamps in my passport - I ended up with 3 stamps after this tri p to Alaska. Ironic huh? Getting that many stamps on a US trip. While in Haines, we rented a car and drove into Canada for the day, thus getting a British Columbia stamp on the way in and an Alaska stamp on the way out. Then, our cruise docked in Vancouver where I only got one new stamp. I'm very pleased since this is a brand new passport (due to name change) and it was looking quite lonely and empty before.
89. Get 2 more astronaut signatures - Recently, I was able to get Tom Stafford's autograph, who flew on Apollo 10. There is an autograph show coming up here at KSC soon where I hope to get Fred Haise's autograph. He was the lunar module pilot on Apollo 13. That will leave only 4 Apollo astronaut signatures I don't have who are still alive - Frank Borman, Neil Armstrong, Ken Mattingly, and Bill Anders. Anybody happen to be related to one of them?
94. Develop a mail filing system - Well we've started on this, although I wouldn't say it is without its kinks. This definitely needs some more work.
99. Hike 100 miles - I didn't mean all at once when I wrote this. I meant cumulative. I would guess that in Alaska our total was somewhere around 20 miles of hiking, but I will have to give this some more thought.